Central Indiana Division, MWR, NMRA|
When good clubs succeed, the whole hobby benefits!
This is a partial listing of Model Railroad Clubs in the general area of the Central Indiana Division of the MWR, NMRA. Contact information is included where known or where permitted. Additional information
or clubs will be added when available.
- Allegheny and Western Model Railroad Club, The
- 3139 Allison Ave
- Indianapolis, IN 46224
- Bill Moore (Trainman01@gmail.com)
- Phone: 317-997-7964
- The layout is "Inspired By The Cass Scenic Railroad" in Pocahontas County West Virgina. The railroad features all scratchbuilt buildings and steam power on the C&O portion; and Shay, Heisler, and Climax engines pushing tourist trains on the Cass Railroad. Basic scenery is completed.
The railroad strongly emphasizes timetable and prototypical operation. Meetings start each Tuesday at 7:30pm. Three meetings each month emphasize layout and model building. The third week each month is an operating session. Months with five Tuesdays feature a "Movie Night" on that fifth Tuesday night.
Vistors are welcome but an advance call is appreciated.
- The Anderson Model Railroad Club
- Anderson Public Library - 3rd Floor
- 111 E. 12th Street
- Anderson, IN 46016
- N, HO, O & S Tinplate
- Superintendent: Marty Wright
- Open to the public Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday evenings from 6:30 to 8:30
- Central Indiana NTRACK Model Railroad Club
- Write to:
- Cintrak, Inc.
- PO Box 80021
- Indianapolis, IN 46280-0021
- N (Modular)
- Jeff Johnson, President
- David Lee, Vice-President
- CINTrak Website
- Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: remove the "RR" from the email addresses listed below when sending a message.
- Columbus Area Railroad Club
- HO, N, O, G (Fn3) - also some narrow gauge and traction interest
- President: Joe Bartoli
- Secretary: Ron Bidwell
- NMRA Rep:
Bob Morrison (812) 378-4275.
Al Askerberg (812) 379-2697
- Membership is open to modelers, railfans, and rail historians.
- This club has about forty members with a broad range of interests. The club room is located in the Foxes Den at Johnson County Park, Camp Atterbury. An extensive HO layout, an N scale layout, and an Fn3 depression era layout are all under construction and well along. Work is also now underway on an S scale layout.
There is a good, useful library with an extensive organized collection of most major model railroad periodicals, and a good collection of books on modeling techniques as well as several of general railroad interest. There is also a collection of videos. A computer for online research is available.
Donations of library materials are welcome and are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. They are always looking especially for older issues of periodicals and books on prototype railroads. Other relevant materials
are also of interest.
Monthly meetings are the first Thursday at 7 P.M. in the club meeting room, and a public open house is held the third Saturday of each month from 12 noon to 4 P.M.
More pictures of the Columbus Area RR Club may be found on the Slide Show page.
- Indiana Garden Railway Club
- G Scale
- Dr. Howard Blackburn,132 Bayley Circle,Noblesville, IN 46060
- Kokomo Model Railroad Club
- 340 E 300 S
- Center, IN 46918
- Martin Doud, Al Gollner
- (765) 453-9062
- Midwestern Model RR Club
- Kokomo, Indiana
- President: Lee Johnson (765) 868-2714
- Sec.: Gary Sherrill (765) 566-2548
- Tres.: Bill Gilbert (765) 453-1758
- A Round Robin format club in Kokomo & Central Ind. with over 20 members.
- Meeting: Monthly on the third Sunday at that month's host. Dues $2 ea. per mo.
- Morgan County Model Railroad Club
- 60 Bailliere Drive
- Maritinsville, IN 46151
- HO (Modular)
- Meetings: Every Tuesday during school year at 7:00pm in Member homes
- Dan sez... A permanent layout has been started that is centered around Thurmond West VA in the late 50's or so. Most of the members are beginners. The layout is to be 9 X 30 due to the room it has to be in. It is like building a layout in box car!
- Contact: Dan Goins, 60 Bailliere Drive, Maritinsville, IN 46151 or E-Mail: email@example.com
- Naptown & White River Railroad
- 1115 McDougal St.
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Carl Tomamichel, 222 S. 11th Ave., Beech Grove, IN 46107-1704
Phone (317) 786-1183.
- Meetings: Mondays, 7-10 p.m. Visitors always welcome.
- * Converted to DCC in 2002-2003, all skill levels welcome.
- Porter County Model railroad Club
- Valparaiso Park Dept Banta Center
- Valparaiso Ind. 46393
- - President Bill Stallings 1-219-942-6188 evenings only
- - Treasurer Ken Hough 1-219-462-0281 days only (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Founded 1977 and operating the Empire Valley & Western, an Applachian coal hauler bridge route.
- All railroad intrested people welcome.
- Meetings Friday evenings 7:00-10:30 then we go to a late dinner at a local resturant for more train talk.
- Memberships open at this time.
- Saint Joe Valley Model Railroad Club
- Mishawka Indiana
- Club Secretary Club email@example.com
- or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alt Contact: Jason A. Ciastko - 574-287-8850
- Located in the historic NYC freighthouse in Mishawka Indiana, the club models the St Joe Valley Railroad, a fictitious north/south bridge route located along the west side of the Appalachian Mountains from Chattanooga to Erie PA in HO Scale. The portion modeled is from a north of Charleston WV to just south of Pittsburgh PA. Actual towns and cities are not modeled. Some of the towns and industries are named to commemorate club members.
The layout is a double deck walk around type featuring 420 linear feet of mainline, passing sidings capable of holding 30 40-foot car trains, a large division yard, dual hidden staging yards, a branchline of the C&O Railroad, with Lenz DCC.
- Unaffiliated "O" Scalers
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Ron Rendfeld, 3034 Washington Blvd., Indianapolis, IN 46205-3931 (317) 925-3671
- Meetings: First Thursday every month from 7-9 PM at the (new location) BOB EVAN's RESTURANT at 21st and Shadeland Ave., Indianapolis, IN. All Model Railroaders are welcome.
- * Modular System Setup and operation several times a year; various locations.
- Union Station Railroaders Club
- Indianapolis, IN
- Ron Campbell at (317) 547-4130 or Dennie Chambers at (317) 293-0288.
- Meetings: Every Monday 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. All levels of experience welcome.